Please read the requirements carefully, to see if you are eligible to apply!
Who can apply to the EFB scholarship?
- Students from the Western Balkans to include: Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia (8 scholarships available);
- Students from Israel and Palestine currently registered and attending local academic institutions and residing in country
(2 scholarships available);
- PhD or MA students (who are still taking course work or working on thesis/dissertation but did not graduate yet) & BA students who will begin their final year of studies during academic year 2015/16 or are graduating this academic year.
What does the EFB Scholarship include?
Recipients of the EFB Scholarship from the Western Balkans may be offered a tuition waiver, accommodation for the duration of the summer school and/or travel expenses (by Bus to/from Belgrade).
Recipients of the EFB Scholarship from Israel and/or Palestine may be offered a tuition waiver and/or accommodation for the duration of the summer school. The EFB scholarship will not cover the travel expenses to/from Belgrade as well as the visa application costs (for Palestinian applicants).
What will be expected from you if you received the EFB scholarship?
- Full participation in the summer school course of your choice and additional activities throughout the week;
- Completion the course requirements to receive full credit for your participation (which you may opt to transfer to your home academic institution) [in order to complete course requirements students need to submit a paper after their participation in the course as defined by the course instructor];
- Upon completion of the summer school you will be expected to write a blog entry about your experience in the summer school, to be posted on the CFCCS website blog as well as on the EFB website. The blog will have to include at least 500 words with a meaningful contribution to discuss the themes of the course of your choice, your experience, and the significance of those themes studies in the Western Balkans.
- Recipients of EFB scholarship will be approached by the Fund, will be invited to the EFB community and may be involved in a side activity (meeting/dinner with EFB representatives) during the summer school.
- A strong motivation statement. In your letter explaining your interest in the Summer School and in the specific course of your choice.
- A full and up to date CV.